- What is your day job, and do you have other hobbies?:
Firefighter/EMT. Stay at home Dad. I had hobbies. Now I have children.
- When did you start obstacle course racing? Tell us about your first race.:
I started obstacle course racing in 2011 on a dare. Like most people I started with the Warrior Dash in Amesbury. What a muddy wonderful mess. I acquired the “Warrior” rash but more importantly I caught the OCR bug. My first Spartan Race was supposed to be later that Summer but Spartan Race launched the Spartan Beast. A 13 mile obstacle course on Mt Killington VT. Safe to say the rest was history. One of 77 people who completed the trifeta challenge in 2011.
- What was your biggest accomplishment at an obstacle course race? What made it your biggest accomplishment (overcame a fear, injury, disability etc?):
My biggest accomplishment is continuing to do races and become more fit. I was able secure a spot in the Ultra Beast in 2012 and though I was pulled from the course for time, it is both my best and worst day.
- What attracts you to obstacle course races? Why do you keep coming back?:
The people, the community and the culture.
- What are your training and/or diet routines? Do you have other athletic pursuits?:
None, none, and no.
- Were you always athletic? If not, what athletic changes have you made to keep up the obstacle course race lifestyle?:
- Who, alive or dead, would you invite to run an obstacle course race with you?:
Attilla the Hun.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself that we may not know!:
I hate to run….I hate it a lot.
- What are your goals? Next race, next season … what’s in your future?:
My goals are to mitigate the cost of races and to get my wife to start racing.
1 thought on “Featured Athlete: James Horgan”
I know that guy!