I posted this to the New England Spahtens group some time ago, but wanted to put it out more publicly, where it’s easier to find – it’s a cool, fun little home project that turns some of your medals into a useful item you can still display in the home!
What you need:
- Rare earth magnets with adhesive backing
- Spare medals
The magnets I use are these guys from Amazon.
A pack costs under $10 and will do a few medals.
WARNING – Don’t lose these. They are tiny. Don’t let kids play with them. They are strong.
- Take the lanyard off your medal (recycle that as a cool key lanyard).
- Wipe the back down to remove mud and gunk, and dry it off.
- Take four magnets, one per corner, and stick them on with the adhesive side.
- Let them sit for a while for the adhesive to take.
- Slap them on your fridge!