You may have noticed a flurry of activity around these parts this past week or two. We were getting organized. We were getting a core team of passionate folks together to build something great. Already you are seeing the seeds of that activity, and we have plenty more to come.
To make sure that our message, mission and goal is clear, we wanted to put out the New England Spahten team manifesto – this is who we are, this is what we do, this is where we’re going.
You can find the Manifesto page here, and it’s also copied below.
Who we are
- The New England Spahtens is an organized obstacle Course Race team. We encompass folks of all levels – from elite, prize winning athletes to weekend warriors getting in touch with their inner child in a mud pit.
- We are focused on New England – both for our membership and event coverage.
- We are not a business, and earn no profit. We are not affiliated with any specific race series.
What are we doing
- Providing a social hub for New England based obstacle course racing enthusiasts, athletes and newbies.
- Providing an online source for race information, race reviews, signup information and more.
- Negotiating and working with race directors for team benefits, race reviews, course reviews and more.
What can we do for you
- For the person new to obstacle course racing: We can provide you with a team of folks of all levels who will encourage, support and assist you through your early days as an obstacle course racer, both on and off the mud. We can tell you which races are worth spending money on, and maybe even save you some cash.
- For the obstacle course veteran: We can provide a team to sign up and hang out with – entry into our team heat – high quality team gear to wear, maybe even some discount codes on race entry.
- For the race director: We can provide course and event reviews and feedback (both pre and post race). Promotion and distribution of discount codes. Blog time in front of a community of runners and racers.
0 thoughts on “NE Spahten manifesto is released!”
Reblogged this on James Horgan.