October 13th through 15th – 2017.
The OCRWC team held a small Q&A, and several pending questions were answered – this is what we know:
- This is intended to be the last North American venue for a few years.
- Qualification standards will be announced – but you can register today without qualifying, and spend a year working on that.
- Spartan Race Open waves will have their qualification standards adjusted (not removed entirely), but not every region and country has a Competitive wave – how to qualify can be found right here http://ocrworldchampionships.com/how-to-qualify/.
- Every finisher will get a medal – even if you stand on a podium (no more socks for Age Group winners!).
- The race options (3k, 15k, Team and Charity) will remain, as will the format of Elites going last on the 3k!
- New band colors for all four options.
The New England Spahtens were well represented in 2016 – lets make an even bigger impact on the international stage in 2017!
The 2017 Obstacle Course Racing World Championships will return to Blue Mountain Resort, one of the largest mountain resorts in Ontario, Canada for a second year of international competition. In its fourth year, the OCRWC has grown significantly since its inaugural race in 2014 with the 2016 event attractive over 3,000 athletes spanning 44 countries. The 2017 competition will be held October 13-15 and will again be produced by Adventurey, LLC in partnership with Canadian-based event sports production company, 365 Sports.
“We are thrilled to be back at Blue where we hope to build off the success of the 2016 event,” said OCRWC CEO & Founder Adrian Bijanada. “Our team is particularly excited to deliver and even more athlete-focused experience, while taking our courses and obstacles to the next level. This the perfect North American send off for the event as we look to bring it overseas in future years.”
“We are excited about the return of the OCR World Championships to Blue Mountain, and proud to be the production partner again for this amazing event,” said Jess Fulton, President and Founder 365 Sports Inc. “The friends we have garnered over the last year and the OCR community is hands down one of the best sports and industries we have worked within. We are just getting warmed up here and are committed to always improving the athlete experience and quality of our events year after year.”