Ever have one of those cravings for comfort food? Something really warm and satisfying? Yeah, me too. I had some roasted chicken I needed to do something with and the usual ideas just weren’t cutting it. I didn’t want a salad nor soup. I thought about doing something Italian, but wasn’t feeling red sauce. The though of chicken alfredo came to mind, but how to make it dairy free? I found this on the site The Confident Mom, who got it from eMeals. I served it over some zucchini noodles, but spaghetti squash would be really good here as well. Enjoy!
Basil Chicken Alfredo
A Paleo Favorite – Simple and Easy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 – 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in basil and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in salt, pepper and chicken.
- Cook until thoroughly heated