Second recipe from Kay to complete the first part of her two part series… This looks really good. This could probably be made with gluten-free bread or Paleo Bread.
Clean Stuffed French Toast
2 slices of any bread (I used whole wheat bread)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet Stevia or other sweetener
Splash of almond milk
1 T PB2 or other nut butter
1/2 small banana
2 T fat-free cream cheese
- Heat pan/skillet to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, add the egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and Stevia.
- Dip bread into mixture and place on a pan/skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow to cook for a couple minutes, then flip over.
- Repeat step 3 with the other slice of bread.
- Once you have cooked your French Toast, spread the layer of PB2 or nut butter on one slice of bread. Then spread the cream cheese on the other slice of bread.
- Slice the banana on top of one side, and then sandwich the two pieces together.
- Place back on the pan/skillet for a couple minutes so the French toast can get nice and crisp and heated all the way through.
- Cut in half, top with syrup, shredded coconut, and additional cinnamon if you like and devour!