A little ahead of schedule, but I thought someone might like this one for the holidays. It’s a great recipe from the Detoxinista. She has some amazing stuff on her site, and these cookies are seriously the best I’ve tried. I’ve done several attempts at paleo chocolate chips and this one is by far the best.
The recipe is linked here: http://detoxinista.com/2012/06/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookies-vegan/
So, for Christmas, here’s the recipe with full credit to her
- 2 cups almond meal, or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened (non-vegans can use butter)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, salt, and baking soda, then add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature.