We’ve got a special two-part recipe series from our lovely NE Spahten Kay Norm! She sent some great recipes along to share with everyone. These are not necessarily Paleo, but they are definitely “Clean Eating”. Take it away Kay…
Protein Packed Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 scoop cinnamon (or vanilla) protein powder
1tsp Xanthan Gum
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Kosher Salt
2 egg whites
5-6 T of water
1tsp agave (or honey)
2T almond meal
2-3 T water
3oz plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
1scoop vanilla protein powder
1tsp vanilla extract
2T almond milk
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Mix all dough ingredients in a bowl. Dough will be clumpy. Put dough in baking paper and roll into a tight ball. Sprinkle some coconut flour on rolling pin to prevent sticking. Roll dough out until it becomes pretty thin.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the filling. Spread evenly on the dough.
- Roll up dough and filling mixture. You can cut off all the extra dough on the sides if you prefer.
- Set on cookie or baking paper and bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- While the cinnamon roll is baking, you can make the frosting. Mix all frosting ingredients together with a mixer. Simple enough. 🙂
Try and be patient enough to let your cinnamon roll cool a bit before cutting it. I made 4 rolls with it. You can make more or less depending on how big/thick you like your cinnamon rolls. Cover with frosting, sprinkle with cinnamon for appeal and there you go!